Caramel & macadamia ice-cream ...sandwiches.
When you think ice-cream can't get any better it does...by a mere two tasty biscuits. YUM!
Caramel & macadamia ice-cream sandwiches
Ingredients (serves 12) Method
250ml (1 cup) milk
600ml thin cream
6 egg yolks
140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
240g (2/3 cup) Nestle Caramel Top'n'Fill
80g (1/2 cup) unsalted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
24 wafer biscuits, to serve
- Combine milk and cream in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir until heated through (do not boil).
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until thick and pale.
- Gradually stir the milk mixture into the egg mixture. Pour into a clean saucepan and place over low heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until mixture coats the back of the spoon. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow metal container. Cover with foil and place in freezer for 2-3 hours or until almost firm.
- Use a metal spoon to roughly break up the ice-cream. Use an electric beater to beat until smooth. Return to freezer for 3-4 hours or until almost firm.
- Roughly break up the ice-cream. Place the caramel in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Fold the macadamia nuts through the ice-cream. Swirl the caramel through the ice-cream. Return to the freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Top half of the wafers with ice-cream. Top with the remaining wafers. Divide the ice-cream sandwiches among serving plates and serve immediately.