12 July 2010

Home Sweet Home♥

I dream of having a home that looks both stylish and lived in. As much as I am an advocate for modernity and all that it entails. I don't think a minimalist or too modern a home is appealing. I feel uncomfortable in homes that have sharp edges and museum like surroundings. As much as I love and appreciate the look of a Le Corbusier chair...they just don't look comfortable. Don't get me wrong -I LOVE THEM, THEY ARE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL- I would buy one and happily have it in a prime position of my living room BUT- I would considering it art & NOT furniture that you 'use'...would you sit on a Picasso?

I want people to walk into my home and feel every weight on their shoulders lift as they sit on my couch... fluffy cushions and a plush lounge...

I love homes that reflect an individuals style, characteristics, hobbies, passions etc...a personalised home.

I love seeing art on the walls, books on floor to ceiling shelves, a vase of significance or some antiques or souvenirs bought through travel...

What's interesting about a home that could belong to anyone?...it's all in the details as far as I'm concerned!


I have come across the most beautiful homes online...I love the warmth, comfort and luxury that they all exude. As highly styled as they may be they still look comfortable and lived in...


Such a striking colour palate...but don't tell me that those dining chairs and lounge doesn't look like you could sink in it! I love that it's so bold and yet so warm...

The purple elements...


The fluffy couch, zebra stool, black and white photos, coffee table books a sparkling chandelier...this has to be one of my favourite shots of a living room...heavenly...

A lovely spacious open plan home opening on to a sunny courtyard...perfection for summer BBQ's... the real estate agent in me is being completely exposed ...but seriously......I would hope to have a home like these to call my own one day...one day...♥
IMAGES: desiretoinspire.com, les petits plaisirs.

No comments: