22 September 2010

A mug full of heaven...

So just the other night I had a brain wave about an email I received with a fabulous recipe for making chocolate cake in a mug. It was a pretty old email, I had never tried it, but if you google it, it's been talked about time after time again. Now I know why, it is so EASY & DELICIOUS!

It was a late night treat for my sister and I so I had to scavenge through the kitchen to try & find some ingredients.

I did quite well --except for the fact that I had NO MILK!...How is it possible to not have milk...it's more than just a staple --it's MILK!!! Nevertheless, I found some light thickened cream & thought I would improvise. It panned out pretty well. There are quite a few variations on the idea here & here.  Below is the one I variably stuck to....




Ingredients:



4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
1 large coffee mug


Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate or just dig in!

 
IMAGE: http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Paris Pastry said...

Chocolate mug cake, I've heard so much about this recipe! I haven't had the heart to try it out myself though... must. make. now!

Victoria said...

It's such a cheaters way to bake something quick!! But it seriously tasted quite good!

You're baking is divine though you bake the most lovely things don't lower yourself to microwaving a choc cake hehe